Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, August 9, 2010

Family Vacation

Our family vacation this year took us to Quitaque, Texas (pronounced kitty quay) to Caprock Canyons State Park. It was a beautiful place.



We tent camped for the week. All of the family came except for our middle son Jeremy. He had to work that week. He was missed. I know he would have had as much fun as the rest of us did.

We saw a lot of different critters during the week. Our first critter was a rosehair tarantula. He was on the edge of our campsite. I was startled when I first saw it. I was not expecting to see a tarantula. But I think he was even less excited about seeing us, as he vacated the area.



We also saw a couple of snakes, some mule deer, turkeys, roadrunners, a painted bunting, a golden eagle and skunks! Ashlynn and I had been at the lake with guys while they were fishing. We went to the restrooms and on the way back, we smelled the skunk on the trail. The next thing we saw was "pepe le pew" running from the left side of the woods, down the trail, and off to the right side of the woods. We then decided to take the long way back to the lake. Just in case.

The canyon was absolutely gorgeous! Here are a couple of pictures, but they just don't do it justice.









We also spent a bit of time at the lake doing some fishing. We caught a few fish, but all were too little to keep. But it was relaxing. In the first picture, they were catching bait. There was an insane amount of grasshoppers around. So several were caught and used to catch the fish.












We spent one day up at Palo Duro Canyon State Park in Canyon, Texas. It too was beautiful and had a lot of hiking trails.












It was an awesome vacation and we will remember it for quite a while. Here are the last pictures we took. One of our final sunset on the lake, and the sunrise of our final morning. Truly beautiful and for me breathtaking.



2 comments:

Ingela said...

What an adventure when you where able to catch the most... if you understand what I mean.

Together with the persons that means most to you... except one of your sons. A marvellous nature, amazing animals although some of them seems frightening in my eyes.

I have never visit your continent although my sister lives in California since more than 30 years... I have a friend (since nearly 45 years) and that I met one week ago here in our homeplace. She now live in Hawaii and Montana. Thanks for taking me with you on your journey ;-)

Greetings from Ingela, one of your followers in the south of Sweden
Ingela

Karen H TX said...

Ingela, glad you enjoyed the photos and stories. We had such a good time together. A very relaxing, fun time with my family. I only put a sampling of the photos we took. I ended up with about 700. Crazy!