Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm Back

Ok, so I'm not so good with keeping up with this lately. So to update, on January 5th I had surgery. I thought for the next two weeks, things were going smooth. I got to the Dr.'s office to find out that the stitches had come out. So, same day, we go back in for more stitches. One week later, I go for another check up. Stitches were dissolving too fast, but everything looked ok. For the next 4 weeks, I was on restricted everything. I could ride in the car, but had to sit once I got to wherever we went. Any time I did go or do anything, I was exhausted by days end. But, I did just as the Dr said, so that I would heal and be able to move on. Fast forward the 4 weeks. Check up time again. Dr said that things didn't look good. At least not how she would have liked. Stitches all came out too soon and healing was very slow. She decided to everything alone and let it heal as it was. But, I'm still on light duty. I can now drive and go for walks, but no lifting more than 15 pounds, no exercising, & resting as much as possible. And that is until the next check up in JUNE!!! I'm really struggling with much of it, just because I feel good. I don't hurt, and I have plenty of energy. But I'm still listening to the Dr. because this too shall pass and I don't want to prolong it any further than it has already gone.

Because of all this, I had to let go of my job at the preschool. But on the bright side, a friend was returning to work after having a baby. Now I get to care for Sweet Josie. She falls in the weight limit and she is as precious as can be. I'm really enjoying my days with her and I'm learning all things happen for a reason.

1 comment:

Ingela said...

Hallo Karen!
Unfortunately I dont understand this, more than you are not well.

Sometimes it is difficult to see mening with what happens. It doesn´t seem fair and acctually it has nothing to do with it... I´m sure. But... if you are able too see possibilities it makes it easier.

Take care of you and the child

Ingela