Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Oh No!!!

Well, I couldn't believe it when it happened, but my Mustang Convertible got hit by a pickup truck last week. My car was parked at a new home subdivision. I was checking out the model homes. The realtor and I had just walked into the model home, when she said, "oh, he just hit your car!" My heart sunk. I walked out and the builder had been in a hurry and said he wasn't used to cars being there and just didn't look. He hit at the edge of the driver door and the quarter panel. Thank God I was not in the car at the time. The driver of the truck however, didn't have insurance. So, I had to turn it into my insurance. It's now at the body shop and they told me yesterday that it would be done by February 11th. So, now I'm in a rental (which is nice, by the way) until then. It's a 2008 Grand Prix with all the bells and whistles. So, there's more than one silver lining to this story. One...I have insurance and that's why we have it. Two...I've been given a nice car to drive while mine is being fixed. Three...No one was hurt!(that's actually #1) Four...After the accident and I talked to him, He was amazed that I wasn't yelling, screaming or showing any kind of anger. I feel that maybe my reaction was a witness to him in some way. Bible says God can use anything. How about a situation that could have been volatile? After he hit my car, he was very apologetic and sorry. If I had yelled, screamed, or been angry, all that would have done is made him feel worse than he visibly already did. And what would that have accomplished? I'm not saying that I didn't want to cry over my poor car, but I tried to keep a cool head. Well, that's my story for now.

1 comment:

Shonda said...

Praise the Lord no one was hurt. What an example of Christ's love. I pray the Lord will draw that man to Him in this situation. You are blessed!

Blessings in Christ--