Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year


This new year started out a little differently than in years past. No party to go to and didn't stay at home. (At least I didn't) My son Brian had to go back to base. So, Brian, Ashlynn, Joseph and I piled(literally)in my car(Mustang) and headed for San Angelo. We left on Monday Dec.31st. We arrived around 9pm got checked into our motel on base. Boy was is COLD there. We get to the room and the magnetic card key doesn't work. Oh, how I miss real keys!!! We had to drive back over to the main registration for the motels and get the "key" to work. He apologized and asked if we would like a room with a "real" key, they were having troubles with the new magnetic system that they had. I, of course, said yes. Well, in doing so they upgraded our room. Instead of a room, we had a suite. It was a living room, kitchen, bedroom and bath. Very nice, too bad it was only one night. We stayed up till midnight, said Happy New Year!! Called my Husband, Jeremy called me and we wished each other Happy New Year! We took Brian to his room, told him goodnight and we all went to bed. We got up slow, picked up Brian, ate breakfast in town at IHOP. WOW!! was it crowded! After we ate we took Brian back to base, said our goodbyes and started the 7 hour journey back home. We arrived back home at 7:45pm. It was a fun trip, but would have liked to stay longer.
The Happiest of New Years to all of you! I will be praying for all of you to be in God's Will as well and to be open to hear from Him. Love to All Karen

No comments: