Bible Verse Of The Day

Friday, August 29, 2008

Forty & Fabulous



Ok, Yesterday was my 40th birthday. And no the world did not come to an end. It was actually a pretty good birthday. It started off with a sweet poem printed out by my son Joseph, entitled MOMSTER. Here's the poem:

Momster

Mom, you amaze me with all the things you do.
Is it the eyes you have in the back of your head?
Do you have as many arms as an octopus?
Are there rockets in your shoes?
Do you keep a giant pile of cue cards in your pocket, with all the right things to say?
Do you strap heating pads to your arms, to make your hugs extra warm?
Can you slow down time with a magic clock, to fit all your tasks into one day?
Whatever your secret is, it's safe with me. All I know is I'm the luckiest kid there could ever be! Happy Birthday MOM, I Love you. Your Loving son Joseph

What could start a day better than that! Then I received flowers from my parents. A beautiful arrangement with yellow carnations, purple daisys and lots of other summer colors.
I did a little window shopping, then went Brian's office. He took me to lunch at a favorite BBQ place near work. After lunch, I did a little shopping at Hobby Lobby until Joseph was done with school. When we got home, I checked emails and had several email birthday cards. I also had received several phone calls with birthday wishes as well.

I ended the evening with a ladies Bible study. They brought in a beautiful Birthday Cake. Instead of a lot of frosting ( which some love ) It was covered with whipped cream, then fresh fruits all over the top. It was gorgeous and delicious. I was also given a honeysuckle candle, angel pin and some beautiful Yellowy orange Roses. That smelled heavenly. It was a really good day. It continued this morning when I arrived at work and found another beautiful flower arrangement on my desk with a hazelnut cream candle. And lunch today was provided by my son Jeremy. A grilled chicken wrap and Cherry Dr. Pepper from Sonic. Who could ask for more?!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Happy belated birthday!! I'm so glad it was such a good one for you. And the poem was beautiful!! Lucky mom! Hope you have the best year ever!!
Krista

marine's words said...

Happy B-lated Birthday!!! you look beauitful ") marina