Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, September 29, 2008

Meeting A Friend


After the hurricane, and clean up, we still did not have power. So, my son and d-i-l that live in San Antonio invited us to come stay with them a couple of days. Brian had to work to Joseph and I took off on Thursday afternoon. One of my blogger friends also lives there, so I sent her a message that I would be in town and would love to meet her. After a crossed wire, and the aid of another blogger(thank you Shonda) we finally met up at Chacho's Mexican restaurant on Friday afternoon. It was like meeting up with an old friend that you just hadn't seen in awhile. Kindred Spirits - another friend of mine called it. We sat and talked liked we'd been best friends for a long time. I really enjoyed our visit and she picked a great place to eat. I hope to meet more blogger friends - Shonda, that means you. And I know with Jesus as our link, we will pick up our friendship as though we have known each other all our lives. Thanks to Marina for being a bright light for us on Friday. You really shine girl! I loved being around you!


Thanks goes to Brian and Ashlynn for giving us a place to get away from all the storm stuff for awhile. It was nice not being reminded every minute. Although, they really need a coffee pot!!



And a big thanks to the power company for finally getting our lights back on Sunday morning. They had and have a HUGE job to do and everybody wants to be first on the list. I know they have their priorities of who gets power first...Hospitals, fire houses, nursing homes, utility companies, etc... and homes are at the bottom of the priority list. But two weeks and a couple days was enough time for me to be without power. We were blessed though to have a generator for more than a week of that time.(Thanks to Roger & Cindy) And God was good to give us cool weather. We opened our windows and let the cool air in and it was not bad at all. Other friends were there to welcome us over for BBQ more than once. We spent an evening eating and watching a movie together when they got power. All-in-all we all made it through just fine and maybe even got a little closer. Without the power, we stopped all the busyness of life and slowed down and talked to each other. It almost makes you not want those things that held your attention, not to come back. But what it should do instead, is now that we have realized this, we can make an effort to not let things or busyness take over what's really important. Family and Friends - and spending time together. Those of you who read this, who were not affected by the storm, my suggestion to you would be this: Make dinner, turn off the lights,TV,etc... light some candles, and have a powerless night with your family. It can be quite fun! We even played games by candlelight. Just my thoughts...

5 comments:

Krista said...

Oooohhh...a power-less night. I might try that with the kids. HOw fun! Thanks for the idea!

Lesley At Sarita Farms said...

Your new friend is precious!!! So pretty!!!
For some reason this blog entry made me cry!!
I love you girl!!!

Shonda said...

So glad you met Marina. I look forward to meeting you too!

I'm so glad to hear you have power restored. Blessings to you in Christ our Lord.

Engrafted by His Grace-
Shonda

marine's words said...

Karen, it was so nice meeting you it did feel like kindred spirits!!

hope to see you again ")
I am so happy you got your power back,love,
marina

GammySel said...

Karen
Hello fellow Siesta-
Fellow Texan-
Fellow Houstonian-
Isn't if fun to meet our blogging sisters. I got to meet Annie's eyes-Annette and she is so beautiful inside and out. She is absolutely a wonderful Godly woman. The time went so fast that when it was time to go I was not ready!!! I felt like there was so much more to know about her! Another time I hope!

May some day we will do a Houston Siesta's blogger get together. There seems to be many of us here!
Blessings
Angie