Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, December 31, 2007

BOOK MEME

I didn't become an avid reader until my mid twenties. I first got started on Danielle Steele novels. They always seemed to have a happy ending. But, I furthered my interests and here's what we've got:


1. One Book That Changed My Life: I don't know if it changed my life so much as it changed the way I think. They are fictional books, but it's one mans way of seeing spiritual warfare. That author is Frank Peretti and his books "This Present Darkness" and "Piercing the Darkness". They give you a visual of how this (invisible to us) spiritual battle is going on around us. I had to really take my time and read these books, that are not speed reading material.

2. One Book That You Have Read More Than Once: I read a Purpose Filled Life by Rick Warren twice. Both times it was a church wide Bible study. It is a good book though. The Black Opal, I don't remember the authors name. Again, Fictional reading and this was a romance, but not the smut filled, clean romance novel set in late 1800's or early 1900's, I dont really remember,(you'd think I would remember given I read it twice) but it started in America and then later moved to Australia.

3. One Book That You Would Want With You On A Deserted Island: I think I would need a "how to" book. Especially if I was alone and not deserted with my husband. I would need a book entitled "HOW TO MAKE A FIRE, BUILD A SHELTER, FIND FOOD, BUILD A BOAT TO GET OFF THIS ISLAND"

4. One Book That Made You Laugh: Most Childrens stories. I was a Preschool Teacher for awhile and a lot of the childrens books will even make adults laugh.

5. One Book That Made You Cry: The Diary of Anne Frank

6. One Book That You Wish Had Been Written: I like Annie's Answer with God's Phone Number. That was good, but you've already got it sister. It's Jeremiah 33:3 Look it up and tell me I'm not right. How about a parents manual. You get an instruction book with everything except for your kids. I know there are a lot of books out there about raising kids, but each child is so different. I have 3 sons and it's been different with each of them. They each needed something different from us.

7. One Book That You Wish Had Not Been Written: I don't like books directed at children that send them messages that it is okay to not believe in God, or that two mommies or two daddies is normal. I'm not a fan of anything Michael Moore either.

8. One Book You Are Currently Reading: Beth Moore: Get Out Of That Pit Frank Peretti: Monster. Sorry, reading more than one book at a time

9. One Book That you've been meaning to Read: That last book in the Left Behind Series. I devoured the first books, but got behind and just haven't picked it up yet. Maybe this will be the year.

10. Now tag 5 people...well, I've recently started this blog and don't know many people who do this so... I'll have to skip this part. Feel free to leave books on the comment page for anyone who might read this.

2 comments:

annette said...

Great job, Karen. I have some new books to read and some confirmations. Jeremiah 33:3 is one of my favorite answers and promises: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things that you do not know! Amen. Short book, huh, but worth the read! Love you, Annie

Shonda said...

Happy New Year!

Great job on the meme. I had a hard time with only one book also.

Blessings in Christ--