Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Retreat

I just spent a relaxing, but emotional weekend at our churches ladies retreat. Our topic for the weekend was "Freedom in Christ". It was amazingly simple as one speaker put it. The church (in general) has added to it, but Christ said "Follow Me". So, first we follow...second, after we've seen His work, we Believe, then last, we obey. That's it! Simple. But for some reason, we get stuck on the "obey" part. That's where things get messed up. We heard about some getting "freedom" from their addictions, once they let God have them. We heard about "financial freedom" by "giving" in the right order. God first, savings for you future is second, bills third, and then you get the balance. We get that part messed up by trying to move ourselves up to the #1 slot. Our last speaker spoke on "letting go, and letting God". No matter your problem, if you don't let it go for God to handle, then it'll won't get better. We can't fix it, not without God's help. We talked about anger and forgivness. And how forgivness is freedom. If you can't forgive, then you are the one being hurt. It turns you into a bitter, angry, sad, or lonely person. The unforgiveness usually only hurts you, in most cases the one you aren't forgiving, doesn't even know they need or want your forgivness.
So, all that to say, live a life of true "Freedom", unshackle yourself from the bonds that hold you. Whether it be addiction, money, unforgivness, or something else. You can find your Freedom in Christ.

Jeremiah 29:11-14 (New International Version)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.

No comments: