Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy July 4th

Yes, I know it's still June, but I, along with others, are planning July 4th picnics, parties and BBQ's. Deciding where to go to watch fireworks, and so on. But I want to pause all the planning for a moment to remember the people that keep us Free to plan these parties. Yes, I'm talking about our Armed Forces. These men and women who willingly serve their country. They serve for a lot of reasons, but the biggest is to keep our country safe. They don't get high $$ paychecks. They do get benefits, but not equal to their tasks. Most put their lives on the line, daily. At any moment they can be called away from their families and friends. So, no matter how you feel about the war, our soldiers deserve our respect, as they are defending our rights and our freedoms. As you go about your holiday planning, say a prayer for our soldiers. Remember, freedom isn't free. Someone has paid a price. I hope you all have a safe and happy JULY 4th!!!

2 comments:

marine's words said...

Oh, Karen these made me cry My husband says in his dreams he can run again he got a shot in Vietnam.
He was a runner in High school and has beauitful runners legs. When ever I have a pianc attack he tells me a real pianc attack is when everyone around you is dieing and you are trying to make it through with out geting killed or carry the dead Marine.
I am so very proud of all our men and women who have die for us taken a gun shot for us and still belive in the hope of America God bless the USA!! love you,marina

Shonda said...

Have a happy 4th of July holiday. Yes, I agree about our troops. They pay the price for our freedoms and deserve our respect!!
Blessings in Christ-