Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Transparency

To be transparent. This is a picture of a Glasswing Butterfly. It comes from Central America and is found from Mexico to Panama. It is not an easy butterfly to spot because of its wings being clear. A natural camouflage.


Imagine if you would, being completely transparent. Not for the sake of camouflage, but for honesty and truth. Would we want our true heart to shine through? What would we see if we did let out our true heart? Would we show Jesus? Or would it be selfish motives, jealousy, and discontent?


Rivaling the refined beauty of a stained glass window, the translucent wings of the Glasswing butterfly shimmer in the sunlight like polished panes of glass. Are we a refined beauty, that shines Jesus Christ, through our actions? Through the way we live our lives? Are we transparent?

To live a life of transparency, means to open yourself up to scrutiny. People will notice and criticize. They will judge your motives and wait for you to stumble and fall. However, that is what Christ has called us to do. To live a life that reflects God. To see through me to Christ who lives within me. Not an easy task to undertake, but one that we are not alone in doing. We have Christ who gives us strength the fellowship of other believers to keep us motivated and to hold us accountable. Let us all strive to live a life of Transparency.

6 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

I saw your comment on Annette's blog and wanted to check out your blog.

What a wonderful post. Beautiful pictures and a wise message.

Annette

Michelle V said...

Karen,

I have come across you in different places in blogland and I came to visit your blog and I just loved this post. What an awesome message!

Blessings
Michelle

Shonda said...

This is beautiful. I like butterflies. God's creation is amazing. I like how you tied it into living a transparent life. Great message.
Blessings in Christ-

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

Beautiful! That was such a precious, precious and fitting example. Oh that I will be transparent so only Christ is seen in me.

I thank you for your kind encouragement on my blog! I pray to pour out what I have been given and that is much mercy and grace by our Father who loves HIS daughters lavishly!

I know that empty nest feeling. When I had it, I was not walking with the Father and the enemy siezed the opportunity to lure me into the pit that would be my undoing.

Thanks be to GOD I needed undoing and to die to myself. HE rescued me from that pit and that is what I want to shout out to everyone!!

You are walking with the Father and HE knows the ache of letting those "babies" go.

You keep pouring out into those girls in your class. Don't think for a minute any word you tell them will go forth void. I remembered with clarity in my darkest hours all the words that were spoken to me about GOD.

You are being prayed for.

Blessings and prayers,
Teri

marine's words said...

that was beauitful and well said
you are such a bless,marina

marine's words said...

Karen, A slat stick you mean they like salt? I know they like flowers.
I have been meaning to add you and Bev to my list I havent't for gotten you all it just sometimes I feel like you and annette and shonda,and his daughter all write so well I feel so little come pair to the way you all express your slef's so well in the Lord. Things don't come to me that easy.
But are you coming to Beth Moore? if so I hope I get too meet you and you have to tell me how you lost that weight you look so pretty.,marina