Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, April 26, 2010

Baked Chicken Parmesan

My sister-in-law Lori posted on facebook that she was making Baked Chicken Parmesan and cheesy garlic bread. And how wonderful her house smelled. I asked for the recipe and she shared it with me (thank you Lori) and now I will share it with you.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lbs)
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs (I only had plain in the cabinet, so I added my own Italian seasonings in it.)
1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
1 cup Kraft 4 cheese Italian mix

Preheat oven to 400°F.
Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs, coating well.(I put some cheese in with my bread crumbs)

In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, arrange chicken.

Bake uncovered 20 minutes. (time dependent on how thick your chicken breasts are)
Pour the marinara sauce over chicken, then top with cheese.

Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

Make a box of linguine noodles. So that the noodles would not stick together, after they were cooked I added 2 tbls of EVOO and for added flavor, some garlic powder.

I bought a box of texas toast and baked according to pkg directions, but on 4 pieces I added mozzerella cheese.

Your house will smell wonderful and your family will love it! I know mine did!!!

Happy Cooking

No comments: