Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, October 22, 2007

Grateful

Grateful may sound like an odd title for this post, but it actually fits. Last friday, while no one was home, our house was robbed. "They" broke in from behind the garage, used a screwdriver to wedge open the inside door. Then proceeded to take things from the house that could be easily pawned. They only took about $1000 worth of stuff. Things that can be replaced. We filed a police report, just in case anything were to turn up. I suspended service to my sons' cell phone. Brian had the insurance coverage, so for the $50 deductible, it will be replaced. And, since we reported it stolen, if anyone tries to get new service on it, it will be confiscated. Needless to say, every door is now double checked to make sure all deadbolts are locked before leaving. Yes, I am upset, but also grateful that no one was home and no one came in on anybody while they were there. You never know how an intruder would act if "caught in the act". I am normally home around 2pm, but this day I had a hair appt. My sons got home together around 4:30 and I came in around 5. I do believe God was watching out for us during all this. Please pray for those that did this. That God will meet the need in their lives.

1 comment:

Shonda said...

Karen,
I'm sad to hear about what happened, but also grateful no one got hurt and you all are safe.

What a humble, mature heart for the Lord you have to ask for prayers for those who broke in. That speaks volumes. I'm praying.

Blessings in Christ--