Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, October 29, 2007

What A Weekend

What a weekend I had!! It was wonderful. I spent saturday with my mom shopping and having a good time at DeerBrook Mall. I was looking for an outfit for my son Brian's Air Force Graduation. Found some good deals at JCPenney. Then went looking for shoes. Payless really didn't have what I was looking for, so on we went. We left the mall and decided it was lunch time. We went over to Red Lobster, mmmmm, the Talapia was excellent, and the lunch portion was just the right amount. After lunch we hit Home Depot and found some beautiful mums. I got 2 yellow, red and orange mums and some Pansies. Now back to the shoe hunt. Oh, but wait, lets run in Wal-mart real quick. We looked at a couple of things and then left. Only bought 2 25cent sodas on the way out. Now over to Kohl's for the shoes. They had several pairs, and most on sale. Got a real cute brown pair, and comfortable too. By then it was close to 6pm, time to end the day.

Sunday I got up and went to church. We were having something different. We have been doing a study on Faith In Action. So to finish up on this study on Sunday, we did service projects in place of regular sunday services. Our group picked up trash, trimmed trees and bushes, mowed and weed eated along one of the city feeder roads. We worked for about 3 hours and picked up loads of trash. It is unbelieveable what people will toss out onto the road. After 3 hours of bending and picking up trash, I was starting to feel it in my legs and back. However, I bought the pretty flowers the day before and they needed to get in the ground. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get to it before wednesday. (We leave for San Antonio for Graduation) So, now I'm already a little sore, so why not make it worse. It wasn't a simple task of just putting some mums in the ground. The flower beds had leaves and pine needles covering them. So get the rake, rake 'em out, pull the little weeds that popped up, then plant the flowers. By the time I was finished (4:30) I was sore everywhere!!! I went and soaked in a hot tub with some lavender bubble bath. ( Best part of the day) Today I can tell you that I'm not moving very quickly. I guess that means I'd better do more exercising so as not to be so sore when doing yard work. Or at least to not do an entire day of yard work. But the bright side is I have some pretty color in the front yard and it was a gorgeous day to be outside. I did enjoy it, even if my muscles are screaming now!!!! Thankfully, with my job, I get to sit at a desk :)

Hope all you had a wonderful Fall weekend too.........
Karen

2 comments:

annette said...

Congratulations, Karen, on Brian's graduation. You must be very proud of him. That is so neat to see your children doing well, even though we miss them.
I know what you mean about feeling incomplete when they start leaving the nest. We went through that, and still have to figure out how to redefine our lives as an empty nester couple.
I am really hoping we meet tonight at Bible study. I am getting there at 5 to have dinner, so I will be earlier. Call me and I'll look for you, and leave a message on your cell when I get there. Somehow...we will meet this evening! Love, annie

On another note, I am hosting a meme on family traditions and I would love to hear some of yours. Check it out at:
http://annieseyes.blogspot.com/2007/10/its-family-tradition.html

Shonda said...

Lots of work this weekend. I used to enjoy shopping more than I do now. It does get exhausting. Then to plant flowers--hmmm---my flower bed needs some attention -- come on over.

I do hope you and Annie get to meet tonight! I look forward to gleaning from the both of you what you learn from the Bible Study.

Blessings in Christ--