Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, October 8, 2007

One Proud Mama

Let's start with my oldest son Brian. He graduated h.s. in May 2007. He is now in the Air Force. I can never remember the title of his job, but it is something in communications. He is currently in Basic Training in San Antonio. He is scheduled to graduate from BMT on November 2.
My second son, Jeremy, has been homeschooled since 7th grade.(y'all know different kids need different things) He has been doing so well, that this wonderful 16 year old boy, finished his studies and graduated over the weekend. October 7th to be exact. He got a job over the summer which was originally going to be a summer job. But he excelled so much in this job, they were planning to keep him part time through the school year. Now that he has graduated, he's working full-time. He's doing such things like welding, painting, metal cutting, using a forklift and so on...He plans to save his money to pay for the Tech school. What a kid/Man he has grown up to be!!!
My third son, Joseph, not to be left out, is certainly another source of pride. He is also growing into a special young man. He has become the "bicycle fix-it guy" in the neighborhood. He seems to always be fixing someones bike. Putting chains back on, adding brakes or adjusting brakes. I guess he's got the mechanical gene just like his brothers and dad.
I was told at church the other day in the jr. high youth, that Joseph lifts his brother Brian up in prayer every Sunday, to help him labor through his basic training. I work in the high school group, so I don't know what happens in the jr. high. It's good to know how much they really love and care about each other, even when it's left unsaid most of the time.

On another note... I got a call from Brian on Saturday!!!! It made me feel so good to hear from him. He's doing well, a bit home sick, but good. It's so hard having him gone and not being able to at least call him. Writing letters is okay, but nothing like hearing his voice!!!

1 comment:

Shonda said...

Hi Karen,
I read your post on the LPM blog. I commend you and your son for his high school graduation. I homeschool my two boys and my son will graduate in May.

Blessings in Christ--