Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hungry Hearts

I chose that title because I really believe we need to have a hungry heart. A heart that wants to dig deeper, learn more, love others more...really have a heart for other women and meeting their needs. I have been going to Beth Moore in Houston on tuesday nights and have invited others to go along with me. Some have and for various reasons, some have not been able to come. So, what do we do for those not able to be blessed on tuesdays. My friend and I started a thursday night study for ladies to come and dig a little deeper, to get some knowledge, to get some healing, insight, whatever it is that they are needing. We've got some hungry, hurting and interested-but-don't-know-how-to-get-started, ladies right in our own churches, friendships, workplaces...etc... All it takes is a willing heart to get things started. If you use a dvd formatted study, then the author does the teaching, you facilitate...get things started, keep them on track, and provide a safe environment for women to reach out to each other. We provide coffee, tea and maybe some chocolate and a lot of love. This time around we are using Beth Moore's "When godly people do ungodly things". In January, we plan on doing "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge. Right now we have about 14 ladies participating. Next time, we may have more, may have less. The point is, we are there and will continue to be there as long as we are needed. Space can some times be an issue. Talk to your church if you get to be too big, or break off into smaller groups at homes. There is a real need for women to connect. This past summer, after Beth finished Proverbs, I was not ready to stop Bible Study for the summer. I had her Daniel study, so I invited some friends and ladies at church to join me. We had a wonderful time learning together, but more importantly, we were there for one of the ladies at possibly the worst point in her life. If we had not been meeting in my home, I don't know that she would have called on us at that time. It was summer and you just kind of live in your own moment with your family. ( And that's good, we can't neglect our families either.) But, it is very possible that we would not have known until the entire situation was over. Then we would have lost a very important opportunity to minister to her and her children. It has made us closer and stronger friends. Just wanted to share a little piece of my heart this morning. Hope you all have a God Blessed day.

1 comment:

annette said...

I love your blog, Karen. It has blessed me already. I would love to meet you on Tuesday at Bible study. Let's get a plan offline and I will meet you there!
We may be changing our routine this next week because two of my friends didn't make it last week, and we might go to the film part ahead of time. I'll let you know. Thanks for taking the time to meet another sister in the Lord. Blessings to you this day! Annette