Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Refresh

Today, as I was working on my computer, I went to hit the "refresh" button. I began to think about that word "refresh". How often do we have a rough morning, day, week and wish we could hit a button and refresh. I then went to scripture to see what God has to say about refreshing ourselves. I found many!!! Here are just a few:

Jeremiah 31:25 "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."

Exodus 23:12"Six days do your work, but on the seventh day do not work, so that your ox and your donkey may rest and the slave born in your household, and the alien as well, may be refreshed.

Psalm 68:9 "You gave abundant showers, O God; you refreshed your weary inheritance.

Proverbs 25:13"Like the coolness of snow at harvest time is a trustworthy messenger to those who send him; he refreshes the spirit of his masters.

My favorite place to go to "refresh" is the beach. The sound of the water, the smell of the salt water (sometimes dead fish, not as appealing)just melt away my stresses. My other favorite place, where I can go more often in my mind than in person is the mountains. This summer we went to Silverton, Colorado and spent 10 days in the mountains. It was awesome!!! God's creation!!! I can't always go to one of my favorite places to "refresh" my soul, but God is always with me and His Word is always there for the "refreshment" we need everyday! God Bless you today

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How "refreshing"! I liked the Scriptures you brought to mind. Great post.

Yeah! I can leave you comments now!

BTW, I like your blog...it looks great.