Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, December 20, 2007

And so it begins....

Last night (Wednesday 12/19) My mom and I drove to Hobby Airport to pick up my Grandmother. She was flying in from Indiana. It was her first flight. They left the Louisville airport on time, then went to Birmingham where they were delayed about 40 minutes. Then on in to Houston. This is also her first trip to Texas. After she arrived we made our way through baggage and on the way home. (my house) When we got there, there were several hugs and hellos to be had. Nanny had not seen my boys in awhile. They have grown a lot since then. We ate some pizza, showed her around my house and then off she and my mom went to mom's house. They didn't get home till eleven or so. And now it's my turn to be the traveller. I'm leaving this afternoon to go get Brian from San Angelo. He told me that since he's not the driver, he can leave after classes today. Anyone who is driving their own vehicle, has to wait until 6am Friday. So, 7 hours out there to get him and turn around and drive 7 hours right back. I'm tired just thinking of it, but I'm pretty excited to see him and to have him home for Christmas. And so the journey begins....I'll try to post again before Christmas, but if not Merry Christmas to all who reads this. Here is one of my favorite Christmas cartoons. Enjoy

1 comment:

Shonda said...

Karen,
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. I know picking up Brian was a labor of love.

May you and your family be blessed in Christ our Lord--