Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Best Present Ever....

Christmas was a joy with our family this year. My dad, a long distance truck driver was able to be home. My grandmother from Indiana flew down to Texas for her first visit, and I went out to San Angelo & brought Brian Jr. home for the holiday. That was a trip in itself. If you read the last blog you know it was a turn around trip. We got to San Angelo around 8pm and left again around 9pm. We made it to my mom's south of Livingston around 5am. Oh were we ever tired. We slept about 4 hours, got up again, so that Brian could visit with his Great-Grandma. We stayed until 1, then went home where we thought we were going to get some more sleep. WRONG! Jeremy wanted me to take him to the bank and to the mall. He said Josh was bringing his check and would be there about 3:30. It was then 2:30 and I didn't think one hour would be enough so I waited for Josh to show up. He didn't get there till 5:30.:( I took Jeremy over to the bank and mall, then had to get ready for my husbands work Christmas Party. It was at 7:30. Needless to say, I was more of a zombie than anything else. I ate some, but didn't socialize like I normally would have. I fell into bed, FINALLY, around 10pm. The rest of the weekend was active, but not too bad. I had to work for half day on Christmas Eve. I had been trying to find a puppy for Joseph for Christmas. Since he had lost his lab two weeks ago. I ran into a friend at the mall and she new someone that had one little puppy left. So after work on Christmas Eve, I went and picked him up. Then we had to sneak little puppy in the car all the way to Grandma's house hoping he would make a sound and if he did, Joseph wouldn't hear it. He was a good Christmas Present and stayed quiet the entire trip to Grandma's. We snuck him into Grandma's room where he stayed until the next morning. It was hard staying out of that room too!! He's so cute you can't help but play with him. After all presents were opened, I told Joseph I forgot one of his presents in the bedroom and I didn't wrap it. He was wearing a Santa hat so I asked to borrow it to hide the present in it. I came out with puppy in hat. Joseph looked and instantly had tears in his eyes. (and so did mom and gram and great gram) He didn't hardly put him down the rest of the day. He named him Buddy. Here is a picture of Buddy as we came home from Gram's house. He is a mix of Chihuahua, Beagle and weenie dog.

3 comments:

marine's words said...

I Love your puppy he look's so sweet!! thanks for coming by and posting hope we get to know each other these coming year,many blessing marina

Shonda said...

Karen,
I love puppies and kittens. We lost one of our beloved cats this past summer. We just now got a new kitten.

I tagged you for a book meme. Please come over and visit.

Blessings in Christ--

marine's words said...

That would be nice Karen I meet Shonda just recently you can read about it on shondas blog.keep posting,marina