Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Our Soldiers

Just wanted to let everyone know, that may not know, you can help our troops with morale by sending them letters, cards, and care packages. There are many sites, but the one I chose was http://www.anysoldier.com/ . You can select up to two soldiers per day to receive their address and a lists of needs (most are small) and how many soldiers are in his command. I selected two names. One has 4 men under him and the other has 8. You can choose which branch of the military to send to and select men or women. Mostly they need letters from "home". While on the anysoldier website, I started looking at some of the other soldiers. One of them (and probably more) has his own blog to keep us updated as to some of the things they are able to do. It's very inspiring and humbling. His blog address is http://shazdoc.blogspot.com/ I highly recommend you checking this out. It's amazing! Also, there has been an email going out and most of you probably have gotten it. It is the address to Walter Reed Army Medical Center. To send those recovering a card. I have participated twice now with this. Once with my office, then again with my family. The address is: A Recovering American Soldier
C/O Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Ave NW
Washington, DC 20307-5001
Since my son is now in service, and most every male relative I have has served or is serving in the military, I know how important it is to these service men and women to know that they are supported, cared for and remembered. Just a thought for today... Think about what you would want if you were the one in their shoes. God Bless You Karen

1 comment:

Shonda said...

I served in the USAF and I remember how lonely it felt over the holidays. It does feel great to hear from family and friends and even strangers who appreciate your service. Thanks for posting this information!!! I'll go check it out!

Blessings in Christ--