Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's Christmas!!!

Here it is, December 18th !!! 6 more days till Christmas!!! I remember being really excited as a child and not being to go to sleep. The excitement is a little different now. Instead of waiting for "Santa" and what I would get in the morning...Now I'm excited about my son coming home, my Grandmother coming down from Indiana, and what I'm giving to the ones I love. To see their faces when they open the gifts. I'm also excited about having a "daughter" for this Christmas. (Brian & Ashlynn are getting engaged!!!) I had so much fun shopping for a girl! I hope she likes what I got for her. I've been trying to pay attention when we've gone shopping. Making mental notes of what she says she likes, wants or needs.
On a sad note, Joseph lost his dog this past Saturday(15th). We were out at my parents house, in the country. All the dogs have the run of the property. Her house is down a dirt road. There are only 7 houses on this long road. Someone drove past and hit Gracie. They didn't even stop to let us know. My dad saw her lying down and the other dogs around her. He told Joseph and they went out to see if it was Gracie, and it was. She was scratched up quite a bit, and she couldn't walk. I didn't think there was anything we could do for her, but Joseph was quite upset and begged us to take her to the vet to check her out. My husband, dad and Joseph went to the vet. They took x-rays and determined that her back legs were both out of the sockets. There was a possible surgery, but no guarantees it would work. Then, if it did work, it would be months of rehab afterwards. The vet recommended that the best for all would be to put her down. Joseph went back in the room with Grace, loved on her for awhile and said his goodbyes to her. It was precious and awful all at the same time. Joseph didn't want to leave her there, so my dad said we'd bring her home to bury her on the property, so he would know where she was. He has asked if he could get another dog. So we've been looking for a small, female puppy. We may have found one. A man here said he had a chihuahua mix at his deer lease, and if one was a female he'd bring it down on Friday. I will take her to my mom's house and she will keep her till Christmas. I really hope he would like a small dog. Gracie was a yellow lab mix. We just really don't want another large dog in the house.
As for now until Christmas....like all of you, I'm going to be really busy. I've got to finish house cleaning, Grandma comes in on Wednesday evening:) Mom and I will be getting her at the airport. Then on Thursday afternoon, Ashlynn and I leave to get Brian Jr. and bring him home. We will get home on Friday afternoon. Saturday I've got baking to do, Sunday we have church and a Christmas party in the evening. Christmas Eve, I'll work half a day and then head to mom and dad's house. Busy Busy...but fun and so looking forward to it.
I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!!! Enjoy the day and the family and Remember that if not for Jesus it would just be a day on the calendar!

2 comments:

annette said...

You have both sides of joy and sorrow this week. So sorry about your dog--like we've talked, they're so much a part of the family, but it will be great to see Joseph's face Christmas morning with a new puppy! And buying for a girl is f-u-n!!! Merry Christmas, Karen! love you, annie

Anonymous said...

Glad to read your update! It is a busy, hectic time of year isn't it? I was reading an article while I was at the orthodontist with the oldest one this a.m. and the question was asked of someone if they dreaded or didn't like all the busyness of this season and she said no, it is busy, but we are making memories that will last and all, (or most all) of the things we do are for our families and are traditions and memories that will last lifetimes. I thought that was a good reminder for me of lots of things that take place at this time of year. Little things that I think are insignificant may be the one thing someone else remembers the most. A certain decoration placed out each year, a certain dish prepared or a certain Christmas cookie or candy you make.... we don't know the impact it has.

Have a great Christmas and talk to you soon!